New Jersey Medical Product Liability Lawyers
Advocates for victims of faulty or dangerous medical products
Science has made significant strides over the decades, addressing issues such as joint and limb replacement with sophisticated means of medical treatment. Still, with each new advance comes a significant risk of unknown or unforeseeable risk and resulting harm. At the Leonard Legal Group, our highly trained New Jersey medical product liability attorneys are up to date on the latest case law, including claims against such everyday items as talcum powder. Since 1996, our New Jersey injury lawyers have represented victims of injury due to faulty or dangerous medical or healthcare products.
What is medical product liability?
Medical products liability is not cut and dry. Each case is different and requires an understanding of the law and the specific circumstances involving each healthcare professional and item used. The standard of care when it comes to medical and healthcare products, their use and misuse, their safety and potential for damage is complex. Not every case of injury is open to legal recourse. Certain requirements must be met, while other claims may fall under already established class action lawsuits and settlements.
Our New Jersey product liability attorneys are highly knowledgeable and make it our goal to be up to date and current on all case law, trial findings, legal ramifications and outstanding awards, as well as eligibility requirements and all other procedures necessary to have your damages recognized and rewarded. Some of the products we handle include:
- Knee replacement devices – DePuy, Zimmer and Stryker knee replacement devices have recently been the subject of liability lawsuits due to a number of factors, including premature product failure or loosening, leading to injuries including pain, infection, inflammation, and bone or muscle damage.
- Hip replacement devices – Defective metal-on-metal hip implants from Stryker and other hip implant manufacturers have in many cases, proven to fail, causing pain and long term injury to patients.
- Talcum powder – Recent studies have shown dangerous links between certain cancers and frequent use of talcum-based powders in the groin area. If you have a consistent history of talc use, including Johnson’s Baby Powder, by Johnson & Johnson and believe you may be at risk for cervical or ovarian cancer, contact one of our New Jersey product liability lawyers today for reliable legal guidance.
- Johnson & Johnson power morcellator – The hysterectomy device and their manufacturer, Johnson & Johnson, have been riddled with legal issues, including failure to follow FDA protocol, failure to warn of FDA links between the device and pelvic cancer, failure to diagnose, failure to observe proper follow-up protocols.
- Bair Hugger warming blankets – Serious infections have been linked to the use of Bair Hugger warming blankets after surgery. The manufacturer, 3M, has shown failure to warn of possible risks.
- Sorin heater-cooler device – Bacterial infections have been associated with the Sorin Stöckert 3T heater-cooler devices that are used by heart surgeons during open-chest cardiac surgery.
Contact our New Jersey medical product liability lawyers today for a free consultation
At Leonard Legal Group, our personal injury attorneys have more than 20 years experience fighting for injured victims. Attorney Scott Leonard is Board Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, a designation achieved by less than 2 percent of all New Jersey attorneys. If you or someone you love has been injured by a defective medical device, we can help. Call (973) 984-1414 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We assist clients in Morristown and throughout New Jersey.