Morristown New Jersey Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Find Justice When Loved Ones are Mistreated
Ensuring quality care by holding nursing homes accountable
You entrust a nursing home to care for your loved one when they are in a vulnerable place in their life, unable to care for themselves. Nursing homes are expected to care for patients with dignity, compassion and respect. Unfortunately, even the most seemingly reputable facilities can fail to provide an appropriate level of care on a consistent basis. At Leonard Legal Group, our New Jersey nursing home negligence lawyers relentlessly pursue accountability from nursing homes, employees and nursing staff who harm residents. We treat your loved ones as if they were our own.
Nursing home negligence that can lead to legal liability
Nursing home negligence does not just come from deliberate actions that harm a loved one. In New Jersey, the basis for a case of nursing home abuse is established whenever the elder at risk of harm, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Abuses range from violent actions, to failing to provide for basic needs, or protect patients from harm. Our New Jersey nursing home negligence attorneys ensure your loved ones get the dignified care they deserve. Types of nursing home abuse include:
- Sexual assault — There are an alarming number of incidents of sexual assault, which occur regularly in nursing homes.
- Physical abuse— Physical force is a violation of your loved one’s rights as a nursing home resident.
- Psychological abuse— There are many ways that nursing home staff mentally abuse residents. Whether it is to humiliate, intimidate or isolate the elder, they may be able to recover compensation.
- Neglect— Being “needy” is no excuse for not providing your loved one with the quality care they deserve. Our New Jersey nursing home negligence attorneys take legal action to protect patient rights.
- Bed Sores — If a resident is properly cared for bed sores and pressure ulcers should not occur. If your loved one is suffering from a bedsore or pressure ulcer contact our office so that we can take action to protect his or her legal rights.
Warning signs of nursing home abuse and neglect
Identifying abuse and neglect issues within the nursing home can be challenging. The challenge is compounded when the patient has dementia or other types of memory loss. Your best weapon to uncovering the truth is speaking with our skilled New Jersey nursing home neglect attorneys as soon as you suspect an issue. We are experienced in uncovering the truth, so you can sleep soundly knowing your loved one is properly cared for.
If you suspect your loved one is at risk for nursing home abuse or neglect, don’t wait until it’s too late. Call today to schedule a free initial consultation with a New Jersey nursing home abuse attorney
Your loved one deserves immediate legal action if they are being harmed in their nursing home. At Leonard Legal Group, our New Jersey nursing home abuse attorneys come to you if you cannot come to us. Call our 24-hour call center today at 973-984-1414 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.