New Jersey Slip and Fall Attorneys
Providing aggressive representation after a slip and fall injury
A slip and fall accident has the potential to cause serious injuries and long-term pain and suffering, especially for the frail or elderly. The bills and loss of earnings that result from injuries have the potential to also put your financial security in peril. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident as a result of negligence on the part of the property owner or manager, you may be able to recover compensation for the direct and indirect costs of your injuries. At Leonard Legal Group, Scott Leonard is a New Jersey Board Certified Trial Attorney and we are compassionate to your pain and tough on negligent parties. We provide experienced legal representation whether you were injured at work, in a public place, or in someone’s home.
The importance of hiring an experienced New Jersey slip and fall attorney
Defendants in slip and fall cases are often apprehensive about giving fair settlements to victims and the ability to prove negligence is easily marred by the disappearance of evidence. Property owners and managers are quick to clean up or repair problem areas. Slip and fall cases, as well as other accident cases, are best left to a skilled attorney who will protect your best interests.
Steps to take after a slip and fall accident
Property owners, particularly in public places, have a duty to keep their premises safe. Slips are particularly dangerous because the hazards go unnoticed by victims until it’s too late. Tips to keep in mind if you have been involved in a slip and fall accident:
- Identify what caused you to slip (wet floor, grease, cracked or broken flooring, etc) and take pictures or videos of the hazard
- Get contact information from anyone that witnessed your fall
- Take notes about any conditions (i.e. poor lighting) which may have contributed to the problem
- If possible, get a sample of what caused your slip
- Report the accident to whomever is responsible for the property and get a record of it
- Contact our New Jersey slip and fall attorneys as soon as possible so we can continue collecting evidence and security footage before it is destroyed
Schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced New Jersey slip and fall lawyer
At Leonard Legal Group, our primary goal is getting results for our clients. Our New Jersey slip and fall attorneys have the knowledge and experience you need. Night or weekend appointments available. Contact our Morristown office 24 hours at 973-984-1414 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.