New Jersey Abdominal Injury Attorney
Trauma to the abdominal region is often a significant cause for concern following any type of accident. Abdominal injuries are trickier than most, as they are often prone to delayed symptoms. These delayed symptoms can be severe or even lead to fatalities. That’s why it’s crucial to seek out medical treatment and attend follow-up health care appointments.
Most traumatic abdominal injuries are caused by violence, automobile accidents, or slip and fall accidents. Should you have found yourself suffering from an abdominal injury because of an accident due to someone else’s negligent actions, you can seek justice and compensation. A New Jersey abdominal injury attorney can assist you in filing a claim against the at-fault party. Contact the Leonard Legal Group today.
The Different Types of Abdominal Injuries
According to studies, abdominal injuries are the third-most injured body part, with approximately 25 percent of trauma cases involving abdominal exploration. There are primarily two different types of abdominal injuries that victims commonly suffer, called blunt force trauma and penetrating trauma. Unfortunately, both have the potential to damage a person’s internal organs.
- Blunt Force Trauma Injuries: In the medical world, blunt force trauma is also known as non-penetrative trauma. People who suffer blunt force trauma will often experience bruising and extensive contusions either on the surface of their abdomen or internally.
- Penetrating Trauma Injuries: Injuries that penetrate the skin of the abdomen are known as penetrating trauma injuries. Examples of penetrating trauma include stab wounds and gunshot wounds. This type of trauma can be life-threatening because penetrating injuries often lose a lot of blood quickly.
The Signs That You have an Abdominal Injury
As we mentioned previously, abdominal injuries can take some time to make an appearance. There is also a multitude of symptoms a person can experience, some of which include:
- A feeling of nausea
- An elevated heart rate
- Bruising around the abdominal area
- Rapid breathing
- Blood presenting in urine
Can You Claim Compensation for Abdominal Injuries?
You can, fortunately, claim compensation from the at-fault party if you can prove their negligence caused your injuries. How much compensation you can receive will depend on the severity of your injuries and specific details surrounding your case and your losses. Some common damages include:
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Medical bills including ER treatment, surgical costs, hospital bills, physical therapy, and psychological therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical care expenses related to the various injuries a person sustained
Get in Contact with a New Jersey Abdominal Injury Attorney Today
Suffering any kind of injury, including an abdominal injury, is often a challenging experience. With an abdominal injury, you might not immediately notice that something is wrong, which is why you should always seek medical attention first. Additionally, to achieve compensation for your abdominal injury, it would be in your best interest to speak with a New Jersey abdominal injury attorney right away.
An attorney at the Leonard Legal Group can help you initiate a claim and handle the legal proceedings while you focus on recovering from your injury. Get in contact with us as soon as you can to discuss your abdominal injury case.